Outstanding Contributor.. cmcn2016 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Lab Manager Concerns during upgrade

I have read the release notes and even opened a case but I still have some concerns about the correct method to update lab manager after an upgrade.

We have a test environment. It is v12.57 and we want to upgrade to 12.60.

I took a back up of the default-lab_project_db & also a back up of the lab_project repository.

Then I did the overall ALM upgrade choosing the option: "upgrade a copy of existing schema"

The ALM upgrade was fine with no errors.

So now I see I have a new site admin schema as well as a new lab_project schema (default_lab_project_db0)

When I look in Site Admin and check the Lab Management tab I can see that my Lab_Project is deactivated. I can see that its database is called default_lab_project_db0 and I can see it has a new repository path.

As expected, when I check Lab Management it opens fine but it is empty.

My question is simply: How do I get the content from my old lab_project into the new lab_project?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Honored Contributor.. arichtman Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Lab Manager Concerns during upgrade

So when ALM sees a db name in use it appends an integer - like you're seeing.

You have 2 options to fix this - you can do the same for both DB or different - it shouldn't matter

Option 1: Copy data from _db to _db0 - SSMS or your DBA can help with this.

Option 2: Adjust ALM to reference the _db instead of _db0

• For lab project alter site admin db PROJECTS table.
  • For qcsiteadmin database you edit siteadmin.xml in \application\20qcbin.war\WEB-INF
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.