Gary B
New Member.

Linking of Tests to Requirements

Hi all

I'm new to this forum and hope I've posted in the right place.

I'm using HP ALm v12.21 and linking requirements to tests in Test Plan.   I know how to link multiple requirements to a test one test at a time.  What I want to do is link multiple requirements to mutliple tests.

Eg: 5 tests in a folder in Test Plan.......5 requirements in a folder in Requirements.......I want to link all 5 requirements to all 5 tests in one go so its done in bulk so I don't have to repeat the process 5 times (link 5 requirements to 1 test at a time.

Does anyone know if bulk linking can be done?

Thanks v.much.

0 Likes
1 Reply
sheyenne Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Linking of Tests to Requirements

I don't know about bulk linking.... but something to consider for the future ... using the the "Convert to Tests" utility in the Requirements module.  Look it up in the ALM Help.  This would allow you to generate tests from the requirements and any test converted from a requirement will automatically be linked to it. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.