Absent Member.. rbrads Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Load Balancing

Jump to solution

Hey,

Is there any documentation / Blogs out there that provide information on how the ALM Clustering & Session persistence actually works?

also any info on how may users an ALM Instance will support, i know this depends on HeapSize and what they are doing but any kind of info much appreciated.

Im trying to get an understadning on how our ALM environment will react in a DR Scenarion (prior to our actual test) - I have looked at the install guide and its a bit light on detail.

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Citros Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Load Balancing

Jump to solution

Hello

Thanks for your question

The first place were you can find some information about this topic is the install guide of the ALM version that you are using

In case of version 11.00 you can refer to page 16.

Now for the behavior on different environments please take a look at the document below, there you kind the bechmark document for the different ALM versions

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1459445

PLease take a look on them and let me know your comments

Best Regards,

Bryan Sanchez
HP QC/ALM support team

If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way) 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Citros Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello

Thanks for your question

The first place were you can find some information about this topic is the install guide of the ALM version that you are using

In case of version 11.00 you can refer to page 16.

Now for the behavior on different environments please take a look at the document below, there you kind the bechmark document for the different ALM versions

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1459445

PLease take a look on them and let me know your comments

Best Regards,

Bryan Sanchez
HP QC/ALM support team

If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way) 

0 Likes
Damodar-Reddy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

As I get news from past, A default ALM server (Pre-requisite Configuration mentioned), can handle 200 concurrent users at a time, any load beyond that, should route to the Node B or Node 2 (If Cluster Env).

I think this is the threshold limit what HP suggests.

I am not quite supportive over this, I have checked the application more than 250 users at a time in my ENV and nothing happend.

Any ways, it allways depend upon the Heap Size/Memory.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.