Absent Member.. Linda_Lemontree Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Making macro's with Sprinter

Hi.

As mentioned in my other post on this forum, I am using HP Sprinter for the first time and testing how it works. I have been testing to make Macro's with little success. I saw the instruction video and tried to do it in exactly the same way. There are 2 problems:

1. My macro never records anything I do in the application. It only registers that I moved the window.

I have the impression that it doesn't recognize the application. The application is written in .NET and is a web application I am using Internet Explorer 8.

2. Very often when I stop the recording, the save-macro dialogue doesn't appear. Sometimes it does, but I can't control when it comes. Could it be that it doesn't record anything and therefore doesn't have anything to save?

As I mentioned in my post about data injection, the data injection can't map the fields. Could it be the same thing with the macro's? Can't sprinter recorgnize the application and the fields in it?

Is there anyone who can help my find out about the problem?

There is a picture of the application in the attachment.

Thanks in advance,

Linda

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Linda_Lemontree Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Making macro's with Sprinter

The problem is solved. I am now capable of making macro's and inserting data by Data injection. Here is the whole story:

Today I met a new problem in Sprinter and that was a message "The run cannot start. HP ALM reported an unspecified error.".

This came when I startet to run a test. Together with a consultant from HP I have been reinstalling the HP ALM client and Sprinter without any succes. After that I startet to change many settings on user account settings on my machine. Then a collegue suggested that I should uninstall the HP Protection Tools (In total 8 programs), which I did. I also uninstalled Internet Explorer 9 that had installed itself on my machine this morning. And now all my problems are solved!

My best guess is that Internet Explorer 9 caused this ugly unspecified message this morning and that the HP Protection Tools (standard on HP computers) caused my problem with macro's and Data injection.

I hope this is usefull information for anyone who will experience the same problems some time.

Linda

Absent Member.. bryanalton Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I am unable to get sprinter to record anything I do using macros. The only thing it will record is closing and maximizing windows. I tried it on google as well after setting up a google application. No luck. I have web and .net selected in the technologies. Anyone else having this issue? Any resolution?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Raji_P Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

I am using Sprinter for the first time. I have installed Sprinter 12.53, ALM 12.20 , IE 11 and UFT 12.52 in the machine.Am able to create a test and record the actions as the steps in ALM and able to pull the testcase in the Run mode.But getting error as "Run session cannot be started - Unspecified Error" while executing test case.

Have found following exceptions in the Sprinter Log file :

• The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
  • Root element is missing.
  • Exception: HP.MirrorTesting.Common.Exceptions.MnrUnspecifiedSystemException: Exception of type 'HP.MirrorTesting.Common.Exceptions.MnrUnspecifiedSystemException' was thrown.
  • InnerException#1: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException (source: 'mscorlib'): The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Kindly let us know whether we are missing something or have to change any confirguration settings.

Note: Have tried with notepad application also. But No luck.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.