Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. justmike23 Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Making modules read-only - via VBS

hello world,

I am asking You if You know a quick option to make read-only by HP ALM module (Test Plan, Req, Defect) via VBS code ofcourse.

Let say that I will load a project parameter stored in some test description, if it is set up to 1 then all project should be read only... any suggestion?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jan Czajkowski Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Making modules read-only - via VBS

A fairly easy way of making the whole project readonly is to change the return value of the DefaultRes function from True to False. That will prevent all posting, provided the return values have not been explicitly changed to "True" in the individual functions.

If you try that you need to make sure you explicitly set the return values of  CanLogin, CanLogout and CanCustomize to True - otherwise you will lock everybody out, including yourself.

Another option is to make sure everybody in the project is member of Viewer group only.

To make readonly by module is more complicated and requires detailed analysis of the workflow, unless you don't want to permanently modify the permissions of the individual user groups.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.