Dawn Hall Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mandatory Fields when updating and re-assigning a defect

Jump to solution
Hi,

In our project, a defect is raised and asigned to a defect administrator, who then adds a comment and re-assigns to the appropriate person.

Since upgrading to 9.2, the closing date field has become mandatory on the defect form and she is unable to submit the defect without updating this field.

I've checked the project entities and this is not a mandatory field, can anyone suggest a direction?

Thanks in advance

Dawn
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shar_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Mandatory Fields when updating and re-assigning a defect

Jump to solution
Make sure the field hasn't been defined as required through the Workflow.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Shar_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Make sure the field hasn't been defined as required through the Workflow.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dawn Hall Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I ended up removing it from the user's view in workflow and then adding it back in again. it wasn't set as required in workflow, but it's working as I expect now.
0 Likes
Dawn Hall Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
In workflow, remove and re-add the field to the groups view.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.