HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Migrating from TD 8.0 to QC 9.2

Jump to solution
I've made a copy of my TD projects and am trying to migrate to QC 9.2. Migration tool is installed on both TD and QC, but keep getting an error RPC failure???
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.. Brian Koester Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Migrating from TD 8.0 to QC 9.2

Jump to solution
Hi Heather-

Check KB 35472. The most likely cause is the user that the migration tool was installed with or under is not the same as the user that runs TD and/or does not have enough permissions.

While you're at it also make sure you have the same auth type for your database & the same owner, as specified both on the database & on QC.

HTH,
Brian

0 Likes
24 Replies
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hi Heather-

Check KB 35472. The most likely cause is the user that the migration tool was installed with or under is not the same as the user that runs TD and/or does not have enough permissions.

While you're at it also make sure you have the same auth type for your database & the same owner, as specified both on the database & on QC.

HTH,
Brian

0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I'll try to find it, I've had alot of trouble finding things since HP took over. Is it possible to send me a link?
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hope this works...

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM188529?searchIdentifier=-71d1d050%3a117f3c765f0%3a-7241&resultType=document&documentURL=KM188529&resultsURL=%2fselfsolve%2fsearch&allowReturn=true

BTW, what fun the support site: I got a big generic "service unavailable" message thrice in a row when being forced to login to ITRC before reply to the message, after logging into the SSO site...
0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes, the site is horrible. I have found though that my TD SQL database is 2000 and the QC is 2005...so I think what I have to do first is take the copy of my project from TD and upgrade to SQL 2005, restore that upgraded to TD and then migrate to QC???? I also have had to use the sa user and password because the original installation user name and passwords are long gone...so much for documentation. Is it possible to get your email address so we don't have to go through the HP slower than Christmas site?
0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I finally got this fixed and after migrating the COPY to QC, TD no longer has any projects????? I thought when you choose a project to migrate, it would just migrate that one project???? HELP, now I can't use TD anymore and QC is just a test instance right now!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
If you say you only migrated a copy of one TD project, I assume there should not be any changes made to the TD installation, except that you installed the migration tool on the server. So, is TD really unavailable to all users, or only from your own client?
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I'm the only person using TD....it shows no projects and when trying to go into site admin it says RPC server unavailable?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
Try logging in from another computer and see if you have the same problem there.
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
yes, I get the same errors.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
So, what has changed on the TD server and its database server?
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
nothing, all this disappeared after I migrated the project to QC 9.2 even though I just migrated that copy of the project
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
And I hope you didn't upgrade the TD database installation to SQL Server 2005? Can you log in to the TD Site Administrator? Can you ping the TD database server from the QC Site Administrator?
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I didn't upgrade TD 8 to anything nor the SQL server. All I get when I try to login as Site Admin is RPC is unavailable. If I try to login to Testdirector as a user or admin, there are no domains or projects...I may have to restore to before I started this upgrade...
0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
okay I think the problem stems from us having to reset the testdirector password to migrate the project...testdirector was installed before I came to the company....anyway so now it's not responding to the new password. tech support said there was a KB article they'd send, but never sent it. does anyone have any idea how to 'resync' a new password to testdirector database?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.