Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Migrating from TD 8.0 to QC 9.2

Jump to solution
So I guess your problem is with the td user password (the one within the databases that makes the actual accesses)?
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
yes. they sent directions on how to manually go through and change the users to accept the new password....but that doesn't work. the problem is I'm down...can't work until this is fixed. we're discussing doing a dr on the application, but that is the drastic approach.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
The default password for the td user is tdtdtd (it used to be a "secret", but since then HP published it in some release notes). If I remembere correctly, in TD 8 you still were not allowed to change it to something else.

Try to connect to the DBs outside TD, using SQL Server administrative tools or through Excel. If it does not work, you should try to reset the td password to the default from SQL Server.
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
the problem is the local password for the Mercury user....I assume was set up in the beginning so all through TD there is a user Mercury and that password has been changed??
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
There is no Mercury user as a default. So is this what you called the user account that the TestDirector service is running under in your installation? Or where is this user defined?
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
this user was the local user that we think they used to install with.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
If believe, it is essential that the user that the service runs under is the same as the one you use to install the migration tool, as Brian pointed out earlier.

So you need to check which account this is -it could have changed since TD was installed - and possibly change it (there is an app called something like ChangeRunUser.exe when you right click the TD icon on the server). Also, it is important that this user has local admin rights on the server.
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I've run that changerunasuser.exe and it craps out...I've also done all the steps manually as instructed by HP...still nothing.
0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
the original password was discovered in some left paperwork....I reran the changerunasuser.exe with that password and my TD is back...QC also finished the migration. Thank you to all for helping me through this.
0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
see previous reply
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.