Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Judy_McCormick Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Missing test runs

We had run several test runs from folders.  I had a folder created with several different integrated test scripts.  The test runs for some of them are missing.  I have reports showing that the runs existed.

0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Missing test runs

Were these runs (the folder you mention) stored locally or were they stored on ALM?

Phil Trostel
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Alonso_S_QC Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Judy,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Regarding the issue, please check if the script exist in the repository folder (test folde -> test id, the files are .tsp ) to access the repository you can check this link:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1088949

Also please check your antivirus sometimes the files are deleted so we recommend to have the .tsp files as an exception.

Alonso Sequeira Morales
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation”
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Stored in ALM in the Testing Lab section.  We executed the scripts and then when I copied and pasted them into a new release since we were using the same scripts, I noticed that they were missing.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Sorry, this wasn't very helpful as I am not a technical person.   Not all of our test runs were deleted, just some of them, so it wouldn't make sense that it was a virus.  The scripts do exist in the test plans section of ALM.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Judy,

Meaning you copied them from one location in the Test Lab to another location?

Thanks

Phil

Phil Trostel
0 Likes
Absent Member.

No, I created a new folder within the test lab secion and then copied and pasted the folder and renamed it and attached it to a new cycle.  We executed the test scripts.  A month later ,  I noticed that the test runs are gone.   Is there a way to send you a screen print?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Judy,

When you copy a test lab folder and paste it somewhere else it creates new test instances. When the scripts are executed the run results are stored in a folder with the test script named <test_set_id>_<run_id>. Therefore if you copy the run results from the orignal are not in the new copy.

However,  you mention you did execute the scripts after pasting which should have created run results.

Unfortunately there is no turn-key fix for such an issue. You may wish to open a ticket on this as it takes a bit of work to identify the test set id, run id, then determine the run for the test instances in question, then cross-reference those records in the database/schema to the actual run results files store in the file repository.

Phil

Phil Trostel
0 Likes
Absent Member.

OK, thanks.  I will open a ticket then.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. vingar Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Just a side note from my side. Our tests need to be tamper-proof and this also means that we track all testruns, e.g. if a  test requires 5 runs to pass then we will investigate the reason. As a result, we reject the deleting of testruns in general, which is a simple customization. Not all users are perfectly OK with this as sometimes a Run just fails for other reasons and these runs are litter in the report, but one could resolve that with a specific status/attribute to filter them out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Thanks for your reply.  I don't think anyone deleted the runs.  It is suspicious because it is only a subset of scripts where the runs were deleted, not all of them.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.