Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Pooja4
New Member.

Modify Type of System-defined field

I have a System-defined field "Detected in Release" in Defect section who Type has changed from "Lookup List" to "Number". The field "Type" is non-editable from user interface. Is there a way I can modify it to "Lookup List" from the database. Any pointer would be highly appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jan Czajkowski Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Modify Type of System-defined field

You can't do that. Or if you actually try to do it by forcing it on the database, you may run into all kinds of problems, and you won't be able to upgrade the project.

Detected in Release is referring to IDs in the Releases module. It was never intended to be a lookup list.

So if you want a field with a lookup list with release names, you need to create a new user defined field.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. arichtman Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Modify Type of System-defined field

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.