catchsri Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Modify/change permissions of QC default groups

Hey,

Can someone help me understand of how I can make modifications/changes to the permissions of the available default groups in QC like QA Tester, Viewer etc...

I understand I cannot modify the permissions directly as they are QC default, but I was told, some modifications in the tables on QC ADMIN side can allow.....

I am using QC 9.2

Appreciate your help.
0 Likes
2 Replies
haroon Malik Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Modify/change permissions of QC default groups

Hi Catchsri,

I'm not sure why you would want to change the default usergroups within QC.
Why not create a new usergroup from the default, then amend the permissions on the new group?

For example, create a new group called Test Analyst, which is created as a QA tester.

Then amend the permissions within this Test Analyst group to fulfill your needs.

It is not advisable to mess around with tables within the database if you don't know what your doing. It will cause you more headache in the long run.

regards

haroon
Its not about the years in your life, its about the life in your years!!
0 Likes
Dawn Hall Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Modify/change permissions of QC default groups

Hi,

Here's the code I use to edit mine, just change the name of the group where applciable.

Go to the project admin. Select the project; expand the tableâ s list. Select the GROUPS table. Execute the following query.

update GROUPS set GR_IS_SYSTEM='N' where GR_GROUP_NAME='Developer'

Go to the project customize > setup groups. Now you can edit, modify and delete the system groups.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.