chrishuk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Modifying the Check Out dialog seen when checking out a test

Jump to solution

Hi,

In ALM, when a tester wants to edit a test script he has to check out the test and a dialog is shown titled "Check Out". We want to prepopulate this or change the title to include a piece of text to remind the tester what they need to fill in e.g. "Enter Work Record or Change Request Number"

I canot find any reference to this e.g. as a MSGBox in our workflow.

We are using ALM with Quality Center Build 11.50.341  with ALM@ ES templates.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Modifying the Check Out dialog seen when checking out a test

Jump to solution

Action names may vary between versions. And sometimes an Action has more than one name (old and new standard). As you probably know, the easy way to find out the action name is to insert MsgBox ActionName into ActionCanExecute.

I am using 12.01. None of the Action names that you are referring to appears there. I haven't seen the "VCS" scope prefix anywhere. (It is an object in the OTA library, but that is not relevant here.) And "VersionService.Check Out" is not correct, since the space character does not appear in the predefined Action names. Also note that Action names are case sensitive.

I am using the SendKeys approach successfully in my environment.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
Tags (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Alonso_S_QC Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Chrishuk,

Thank you for contacting HPE Forums.

Regarding this i would like to share with you the ALM Workflow best practices, this document have some examples that could be helpful to you.

Please find the document attached or in the follwing page:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00425805

Have a nice day.

Alonso Sequeira Morales
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation”
0 Likes
chrishuk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The dosument provided is very useful, but describes everything at generic level.  I need to know where this message "Check Out" is and how it can be modified as it does not seem to be a Msgbox in my workflow.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Try using SendKeys:

If ActionName = "VersionService.CheckOut"  Then
            Set WshShell = CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")
            WshShell.Sendkeys "A checkout header"
            Set WshShell = Nothing
End if
Jan Czajkowski

chrishuk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Jan,

I have tried this but without success.  Part of the problem is identifying the correct place to put the code, and also it looks like the version control service is VCS. So I also tried:

ActionName = "VCS.CheckOut" , ActionName = "VersionService.Check Out"  and ActionName = "VCS.Check Out" 

with no success.

(FYI My workflw was heavily modified by ALM ES team.) 

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Action names may vary between versions. And sometimes an Action has more than one name (old and new standard). As you probably know, the easy way to find out the action name is to insert MsgBox ActionName into ActionCanExecute.

I am using 12.01. None of the Action names that you are referring to appears there. I haven't seen the "VCS" scope prefix anywhere. (It is an object in the OTA library, but that is not relevant here.) And "VersionService.Check Out" is not correct, since the space character does not appear in the predefined Action names. Also note that Action names are case sensitive.

I am using the SendKeys approach successfully in my environment.

Jan Czajkowski

Tags (1)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.