Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Module failed to register while installing QTP 10

Aug 18, 2009 09:23:07 GMT Unassigned Attachement is 337460.doc
Hi, even i am getting installation problem while installing QTP 10. I have Uninstalled qtp 9.2( completely by using qtp clean uninstaller tool) and tried to install QTP 10 and fails to register few modules(throwing an error)

module c:\Program files\HP\Quicktest proffessional\bin\configco.dll failed to regiter.
hresult -2147024770

please find attached screenshot

Plz help me to resolve this issue...
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Module failed to register while installing QTP 10

sorry for missing the attachment.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I think you may not have Admin rights to install QTP on that machine or your QTP installation files are damaged..

You can use the Microsoft's ERR tool to find more info about the hresult error.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=be596899-7bb8-4208-b7fc-09e02a13696c&DisplayLang=en

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HRESULT

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Few tips:

Always install QTP from local machine.

If you do not have admin rights or, if you try to do a remote installation....you come across such issues.

dll's might fail to register...try to register those dll's manually and check if it works.

check if it works on other machines..?? there could be issue with the installer itself.

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank u for the update....
I have Admin rights for my system....
Even now i am trying to install 9.2 again but giving the same errors for 9.2 also....may be problem is getting at the registry level.....and as you mentioned that DLLS can be registered manually....plz suggest me how to do the register....

Thank you....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

start->run

regvsr
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

sorry........pls ignore my post...typo 😞

you need to use regsvr32 ..

you can google to find few examples
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello!

I had the same problem.
The solution is to use Dependency Walker sofware to find the error why dll registration failed. In my case it was missing atl.dll.

1. download Dependency Walker from Microsoft web site.
2. Open c:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe in Dependency Walker.
3. Press F7 and fill the pathname of QTP configco.dll in "Program arguments" field.
4. Press "Ok" and examine errors in result execution log.

Best regards
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.