Warren-Colorado Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: NEW !! HP Quality Center Support Customer Forum !

If you are seeing significant lag time while searching, it would be helpful if you could provide a search on which you were experiencing this performance issue. I have done several advanced searches this morning, including a specific phrase, excluding some words, etc. I did four searches, and none of them took longer than about 2.5 seconds. Of course, any load that you have on your system, network overhead, VPNs, etc., can affect perceived  performance.

Thanks,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I have a question about the new Customer Forum.

I notice a lot of "customers" respond to the posts trying to supply solutions. I thought this new forum was specifically set up to get support from HP Support, and our existing forum was to get input from other users. What is HP Support's policy on responding to posts in the Support forum if they see that customers are responding to it?
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Acclaimed Contributor.. BGroot Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Trudy,

Members can still provide answers to questions in the Support Customers forums, however their will be support engineers in these forums as well to answer questions. Something some members could be quicker in providing their feedback. The forum is not intended only to have support engineers reply.

We will be looking at providing tips on Quality Center by our engineers and we will be asking our members what kind of information or material they would like to see be provided in this forum. We are looking at sharing more information in the forum. As this is new we are learning, so if you have any feedback on how we can improve the forum or ideas please let me know.

We will be reaching out to members soon on what product topics they would like to get more information on. We then will create short videos on these topics.

Greetings,

Bill

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Absent Member.. Nick_NIPR Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the "mapping" or connecting of System or User Fields from the Requirement Module to the Test Plan Module.  Most likely this is necessary through the script editor customizations. 

All I want to do is connect fields from the requirement to the corresponding labels in the test plan when a test is generated from a requirement.  It seems like it should be fairly straight forward, creating the relationship between the field names but I have some questions.

Do you want me to ask here or can someone contact me?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. QCresearcher Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Bill, Is there any way to access the Expert's Day postings that took place a couple weeks ago for Quality Center? I participated and wanted to go back over some of the feedback I received but it doesn't seem to be accessible now? Thanks for your help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi,

It should be available to you. The forum is available.

As this is an limited access forum, were you logged into the community? You need to be logged in to access the support customer forum.

When you are logged in, go to the  Quality Center / ALM . Do you see the Quality Center Support Customer Forum?

If so, then you can click on it to access it.

If you are still experiencing issues, please let me know.

Greetings,

Bill

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks Bill, I click on the link and see Quality Center Support and News Forum, clicking on that I see the Quality Center Support Customer Forum entry you made (this entry we are on now), but I'm not seeing how to get to the postings made back during the Experts Day, did I take a wrong turn somewhere? LOL, sorry to be so much trouble.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

No worries, glad you have access. The posts that occurred during the expert day are in this forum. If you want to search for something specific, let's say the posts you started then do the following:

Click on your member id: QCresearcher

This will take you to your profile and you should see all the discussions you participated in.

Then click on "view all", to view all your posts. You should see the posts you submitted during the expert day.

Or where you searching for another posts that was submitted by someone else? If so, using the search functionality is the forum. 

If this doesn't help you out then let me know.

Greetings,

Bill

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I think I figured it out Bill. Our SAID id expired 5/31 so I bet I can no longer view those posts since they required the SAID id. Just a guess. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Yes, you do need a valid SAID. Will it be renewed? What where you looking for ?  I can send it to you via a private message in the community. Let me know.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

It wasn't that important Bill. Thanks for your help. I'm not sure we will get that SAID renewed or not. I'm not the system admin. It was great getting to participate in the Experts Day. Best of luck in the future.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

I hope you do get the SAID renewed. We will be conducting more expert days in the future, so I hope you can participate.

Best of luck to you as well. It was good to hear that you enjoyed the expert day.

Take care !

Greetings,

Bill

0 Likes
Absent Member.. anuragjalan Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Bill,

Can you please send or post the link through which I can access this forum.

I have a valid support contract ID/ SAID with HP.

Please help.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi,

You do have access as I just saw that you posted your question in the Quality Center Support Customer Forum . This is the forum that is only accessible to customers with a valid support contract, HP Partners and HP personal that have been granted access.

Greetings,

Bill

0 Likes
Highlighted
joeziglar789
New Member.

HP Customer Service USA are availble 24/7 for users, dialing by 1-800-379-6509 toll-free and get technical support and help with HP Support Number. Our technical teams are very strong and well trained professionals with specialized to resolve HP Printers errors.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.