Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Subramaniyan_Ba
New Member.

Need a filter to only lookup for username when importing user from LDAP

Hi, I am trying to import an user from LDAP. However I wanted to optimize my search to only search against username attribute only vs the default username, fullname, phone, description.

I did try to set the LDAP_SEARCH_USER_CRITERIA = username. But still ALM was searching in all the attributes(username, fullname, phone, description). Please help me with a solution.

Best Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Damodar-Reddy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Need a filter to only lookup for username when importing user from LDAP

I am sure that is your own requirement Subramaniyan,

My question is: what you do if you have the Multiple results with one user name.

Ex: "rocky" is the Domain name for an instance. oyu searched on user name & you found the results like below:

rocky1, rocky2, rocky46..

To segregate such entities I suggest you keep the search criteria to the default, the Search results were ought to be popped out from the LDAP & not from teh QC. it's just the medium of the display, it contains no storage of such records in prior with in QC. still, I check with old school principle, I restart the services if any Configuration change made & unable to present it.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Subramaniyan_Ba
New Member.

Re: Need a filter to only lookup for username when importing user from LDAP

Thanks for the Reply Damodar. With the below example. In my case there are lot of records with string "rocky" in fullname and description. The username in my organization is the short form of fullname, the issue is that I have a user with  full name = Rocky XXXXXXX and username = Rocky. When I reach for rocky it returns all records which has rocky in one of the search field(username, fullname, description).

I came across this LDAP_USER_SERACH_CRITERIA parameter.

Parameter Description:A comma-separated list of ALM user properties to be used as LDAP search criteria, if the Domain Authentication property does not contain the user's distinguished name (DN). The order of the properties defines their priority if multiple results are found. The following are the possible values: username, email, fullname, phone, description.

I did set the parameter from username, email, fullname, phone, description to just username. With this I expected to only search for username but it did not work. Can you kindly let me know what am I missing.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.