Guru_09 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need help in installing QC ALM

Hi,

I just downloaded 60 day trial version of QC/ALM 12..53. I tried installing the downloaded file, but since its a .iso file format I cannot install it on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. I read through the installation guide and I understand that I need server to install.

Can someone help me in installing it on Windows 7 machine? Do I need to download any other tools to install 12.53 on my Windows 7 machine? How can I achieve this without server?

Thank you in advance!

Thank you!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Need help in installing QC ALM

Look into tools that will allow you to run a virtual system on your Windows 7 PC, and create a virtual system that is a server.

Otherwise, the product simply is not supported for being hosted on a Windows 7 OS.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Chris_Grz Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Need help in installing QC ALM

That first answer is right: this kind of installation is not supported.

But that does not mean it is not possible.

Please read Appendix A of the Installation & Upgrade Manual (can be found here) and disable the checks that disallow your installation.

I just highlight one sentence of that appendix:

You should disable validation checks only if you decide to take responsibility for the ALM server installation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.