Binnys Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

New Defect button is disabled for one particular project in QC ver 10.0

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have created a new user from QC site admin and added him under 2 different projects. ( Say project 1 and project 2)

From QC Admin login, i have assigned this new user to 'Tester' group from 'Customization' section.

User can login to project 1 and add a new defect successfully, however 'New Defect' button is disabled when user logs into the Project 2.

Can you please let me know how to troubelshoot this issue so that 'New Defect' button is also enabled under project 2 ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NEW_ALM12 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: New Defect button is disabled for one particular project in QC ver 10.0

Jump to solution

Ensure to check as below for "Tester" group if your users are added in Tester group. 

To Jan point is very correct as well, sometime there would be workflow code that blocks users creating new defect. 

So, if its not an workflow code issue the defenitly look at 

Defect_Permission.png

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
Did you try logging in with another user with an identical group profile to the project where the button is deactivated?
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yes, as a matter of fact, i  assigned one existing user to this problametic domain and project and he couldn't able to see 'new defect' button as enabled.

Then i  created a fresh user and assigned him to same project, and he was also faicing this similar issue.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
Then my guess is you have some workflow code regulating the behavior of the button. The most likely place to look is the EnterModule sub procedure.
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Under workflow,  Sub EnterModule, below code is present, which i think is not controlling anything.

Sub EnterModule
'Use ActiveModule and ActiveDialogName to get
'the current context.
On Error Resume Next

On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

0 Likes
NEW_ALM12 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Ensure to check as below for "Tester" group if your users are added in Tester group. 

To Jan point is very correct as well, sometime there would be workflow code that blocks users creating new defect. 

So, if its not an workflow code issue the defenitly look at 

Defect_Permission.png

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. machinedata Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Too bad you're on such an older version of QC.  If you were on v12.53+ you could use Project Insight for QC to help troubleshoot both the user settings, configuration and compare workflows between the project that is working, and the one that isn't.

https://marketplace.microfocus.com/appdelivery/content/qc-project-insight

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.