yb1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not able to execute scripts in batch through ALM

We have recently upgraded our UFT from 11.53 to 12.02  .As i am trying to execute the test scripts through  Run Test Set feature in ALM (version used  11.52).Test scripts were executing but not all of them in the test set were executing and for not executing test scripts were getting different error messages for each script as below in the Automatic Runner Status column.

1)The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state

2)Unable to connect the testing tool to the requested ALM/QC server. 

3)Execute GUI Test Failed

4)Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

5)Test asset type of ID 27658 is not supported

6)Unable to open testing tool.

Please help me on this.

Thanks!!

Regards,

Priyanka

0 Likes
5 Replies
K_Van_Dam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Not able to execute scripts in batch through ALM

It seems I'm facing the same issue... Has this been resolved? And if so: how?

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.. grahamengland Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Me too!  I'm so glad it's not just us.  In addition to the errors listed above we are intermittently experiencing the following error messages:

Repository of project x' in domain 'y' doesn't exist or is not accessible. Please contact your Site Administrator

\00000017\Execute GUI Test Failed

\000000F8\Unable to connect the testing tool to the requested ALM/QC server

\000000FE\Unable to connect the testing tool to the requested ALM/QC server

\000000EB\Unable to connect the testing tool to the requested ALM/QC server

\00000036\Unable to open the 'x' [TestDirector] TEST_ID=y.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

\00000018\No connection to server

\0000005F\Unable to open the ‘x’ test

\00000034\Unable to open the 'x’ test

\00000034\Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This is taking up a lot of my time trying to work out what the issue is.  Sounds like a bug in UFT 12..02 and/or ALM 12.20 to me.

0 Likes
Technocratd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also facing same issues on my VM machines. any solution?

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. veeru24 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hello Priyanka, we are faccing the similar issue after the migration of projects can you please let us know how this was resolved, Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Damodar-Reddy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Once you have Migrated the QC, I suggest you do a connectivity Add-in & UFT Add-in Installed & Run the existing scripts.

That Ideally should clear any boundaries with such..!!

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.