Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
ALMINFO Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

OTA Script to move Set of Requirement/s from One Folder to Another Folder

Jump to solution

Hi,

In my Project, Business Users have defined a New Folder Structure for Requirements. But we have 10K requirements in the existing Folder Structure.

Users would export all the Requirements in excel and define the new Path.  Based on the new path requirements need to moved from Existing folder to the New Folder Structure.

Can you please help if you have any OTA script to move the requirements from One Folder to another Folder.

Thanks in Advance.....

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.

Re: OTA Script to move Set of Requirement/s from One Folder to Another Folder

Jump to solution

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the Solution,

I have Created 2 columns in Excel file

1st Column:: Requirement ID , 2nd Column :: Folder Req ID to which the Req has to move.

Set objReqFactory = TDConnection.ReqFactory

objReqFactory.MoveRequirements  strReqID,1,strToReqID.

Issue: I have 7K requirements that need to moved to different Folder IDs. For the first 300 Rows their is no issue. After the script stopped executing.

Can you please help 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

You should be able to set the ParentId to another ID in order to move the requirement. Then you need to Post it.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you please help me with the sample script

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Sorry, that is the easy part - two lines of code. If you can't solve that yourself, you won't be able to do the complicated part, that is, setting up the larger framework of which items to move and to where. So I would advise you to get someone to help you.

Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the Solution,

I have Created 2 columns in Excel file

1st Column:: Requirement ID , 2nd Column :: Folder Req ID to which the Req has to move.

Set objReqFactory = TDConnection.ReqFactory

objReqFactory.MoveRequirements  strReqID,1,strToReqID.

Issue: I have 7K requirements that need to moved to different Folder IDs. For the first 300 Rows their is no issue. After the script stopped executing.

Can you please help 

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

You should add logging so you know exactly where the script is stopping. If it is stopping at the same line each time, then you have some data that is inconsistent - for example an ID that does not exist.

If it is stopping after about 300 rows, but the exact point varies, then I would guess you have some memory issue - perhaps you need to make sure the variables are freed on each iteration.

Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.