Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Aman Jain
Visitor.

Object identification while executing script from Quality Center.

I am facing one issue while working.

Please let know if someone has work on QTP/UFT execution with ALM(Quality Center).

As I am executing script from UFT it is running fine but Whenever I am running automation scripts from ALM, UFT is not able to identifying the objects in browser. It is showing as below.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Trusted Contributor.. Ale_Santamaria Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Object identification while executing script from Quality Center.

Hello!

This issue could be caused by several reasons:

1) Have you run the Asset Upgrade Tool on this project?

If you have not done it, please do this as a first troubleshooting step to re-align the tests against QC 11.You can find the tool at http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM910435

2) This could be caused by an old version of QTP, we recommend you to use our latest software.

3) Check if he test in ALM is associated with the Java add-in in case that you are using it.

It is a bit hard to tell with no screenshots or logs nor your Software Version. If you still require assistance please open a ticket for us to be able to collect more information and provide you a solid answer.

Best regards!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.