Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Trusted Contributor.. marsue57 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Populating the Detected on Environment field

Dear All,

Does any one knows how to populate the field "Detected on Environment"   (BG_ENVIRONMENT) in ALM 12.20

The documentation says the environment list is maintained from the Web Client :

Detected on Environment
The environment on which the defect was detected. Environments are a combination of operating systems, browsers, and so on, on which you test the application.

Note: Environments are defined using the ALM Web Client. After they are defined, you can select them when reporting a defect.

But looking from the Web Client (and its documentation) I have not been able to find the place, where to define the list of environments. Could you point me at the right direction ? (I have admin rights on that project, and happen to be Site Admin as well)

Thanks a lot !

0 Likes
10 Replies
Sugey_S_QC Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Populating the Detected on Environment field

Hello,

Please try the following

Go to Tools option, select "Customize..."

Project Entities and select "Environment"

Select the field and click on "Go to List" button

There you can add values

Regards

Sue Sevilla | SW Technical Support Consultant.

Application Lifecycle Management

Mail| sugey.sevilla@hpe.com

Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hello Sue ,

thanks for the suggestion sue, I tried to follow your directions, but could not succeed to have the environment field being populated.

Well, from the Web UI Customise screen, there is no Environement field.

Web Client Customise options

From the Client, Project entities, in Environement, to my understanding there are only the attributes that define an environement, (i.e Browser, Description, environment ID, Name, Operating System), what I am looking for is the mean to create such an Environment item.

Environment attributes

Because, if I add a value in the Browser List : 

And after saving and returning to the defect module, when raising a new Defect, the environment field remains empty : 

What I am looking for is a mean to create these Environment values, from the (web client) documentation I read, it is pointing at a feature from the Web Client, but the documentation also mentions "technology preview", so I'm wondering if this functionality is fully available on ALM 12.20 which is the version we have installed here.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello 

Certain field attributes can be modified only from the Desktop Client.

As you know that is a technical preview so has some limitations.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hello Sue,

First of all happy new year for 2016 !

Can you confirm the Detected on Environment can only be setup from the Desktop Client ? 

I'd like to know where to define the different possible environment values so that the testers can pick up the right during test execution.

Regards,

M.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello

Certain field attributes just can be modified only from the Desktop Client, depending what you are looking.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Well I'm looking only at this specific "Detected on Environment" field.

I do not understand which field attribute you are refering to. 

When I look at the Detected on Environment field from the Desktop Client, the dropdown does not contain any value, as depicted below.

I am looking for the place, from the Desktop client, to create these values so that the testers can fill the Detected on Environment field when creating a defect report during test execution.

Do you know where from the Desktop clinet, I can create the values populating the Detected on Environment field? 

Since it is a system field, the list it points at cannot be customised from the admin side , see below : 

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello,

Did you click on "Go to List" button? There you can add values.

Regards

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hello,

There is no "Go to List button" since it is not a list. That is my problem.

I don't from where I can populate the values of that field "Detected on environment" and cannot find any documentation or person pointing me at how to use it properly.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello,

That should be done in desktop client and in order to populate a lits the udf type should be Lookup list.

If you still have issues to accomplish this you can contact PSO and aks inforamtion about ALM trainings.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

I am looking from the desktop client, and since it is a system field, the udf type cannot be changed.

But I'm going to follow your advice and contact PSO, as they might have an idea how to use this feature.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.