Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
NEW_ALM12 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Project upgrade failed due to Change Impact Testing in 12.21

Yep, Im jut starting to migrate ALM 11 projects. 

Im migrating 11 to 15. 

So while migrating ALM 11 projects that have "Change Impact Testing for SAP Application (CIT)" extension in ALM 12.21, Im getting error that CIT file is missing. 

"Error: File extensions/CIT/project-schema/2.60/db_xmlmap.xml not found". 

Since CIT extension is not available after ALM 11.5, we raise a support ticket hoping that Support Er will help us to upgrade / migrate. But looks like we do not have luck from Support Er. And do not see any speedy process from their side. 

Now can someone help me with suggestions and steps to upgrade a project that has CIT extension enabled in ALM 11? I need to migrate and upgrade it from ALM 11 to ALM 12.21 and then to 15.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Project upgrade failed due to Change Impact Testing in 12.21

Hi @NEW_ALM12 ,

Please see the attached document; it explains how you can upgrade ALM projects with legacy / depricated extensions.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
NEW_ALM12 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Project upgrade failed due to Change Impact Testing in 12.21

It seems like attach doc is available in MF site and hoping Support team has access to this doc but was not shared to me with my case.
Really appreciate your effort in providing this to me.
Few follow up questions.
1) In step #2 it says delete extensions from project schema.
Is there Query to delete extension? I’m in Oracle.
2) what are the columns name to enter while editing .jar file?
Again thanks for your time and input.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.