Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
NEW_ALM12 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Project upgrade failed in ALM12.21 from ALM11.00

Hi Folks, if you could please help me in my updrade issue. 

I am in a process to upgrade ALM projects from ALM11 to ALM12.21 and to latest ALM version. At this point I copied Repo from one liux server to another Linux server and stored project schema from ALM11 db instance to ALM 12.21 DB instance. Restore was successful. 

But, when I tried to run the Verify step, I get error as last line of log says "The task that failed belongs to ALM platform"

Detail log is attached. 

Hope I can be helped. 

0 Likes
6 Replies
Honored Contributor.. arichtman Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Project upgrade failed in ALM12.21 from ALM11.00

I can't speak for the developers but I believe the way to migrate projects is to export to QCP and then import from that file. The SQL used to create from QCP might change the data somewhat - ESPECIALLY when coming from something as far as QC 11.

Please try:

1. Exporting to QCP from QC11
  2. Import from QCP in 12.60 / 12.5x
  3. Upgrade Project
  4. Repair Project

This might work for you.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Unfortunatly, my project size is about 6gb. Hence, qcp is not supported for thsi big project. And 2nd, im in ALM11 migrating to ALM12.21 so again qcp is not supported. 

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

It's perfectly possible to export projects of this size.

Move the contents of /projrep/ to outside of the project folder.
Export QCP
Import QCP
Copy contents of /projrep/ back in.
All should behave as normal.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

I figured its an issue cause of Project extension enabled in Source project. Change Impact Testing for SAP application (CIT v2.6) is enabled in source project. So when a copy of exported project schema was restored in ALM12.21 DB instance, that CIT extension came alomg with copy and restore. Hence, in ALM12.21 when I ru Verify step, its looking for CIT extension and its file. But, I do not think CIT is available in ALM12.21 and greater version. 

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

This for sure sounds like a support ticket.
I'd try and help more but we don't have CIT or ALM 11 available
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

@arichtman Thats what Im thinking too. 

Thanks much for looking into it though!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.