Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Marco Neureuthe Absent Member..
Absent Member..

QC: How to post a message in "Status Bar" in Quality Center

Hello,

I am using QC12 and at the moment I am writing some workflow scripts. Some events invoke messages in QC status bar.

Is there a possibility to post own messages into the status bar?

i do not want to work with messageboxes, because the execution is interupted till the moment I click "OK".

Many thanks in advance!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Chris_Grz Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: QC: How to post a message in "Status Bar" in Quality Center

I don't think you can define the messages displayed in the status bar.

I understand why you do not want to use the MessageBox function.

May I suggest you to use the Popup method, as defined here.

When in the workflow, do not use WScript.CreateObject, but just CreateObject.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Marco Neureuthe Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: QC: How to post a message in "Status Bar" in Quality Center

Hello,

thank you for your post, but this does not help. In the status Bar is flickering the information about "lock Object" and "Post". If I would be able to post there something like "progressing object 5 / 1000" would be great.

A popup message will not be practible.

Any other idea?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.