Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

QC10 doc generator error: 0,1 is not a valid floating point value

Dear all,
on a project i have one end-user who has an error when she tries to generate a word doc thru the QC document generator (see title and snapshot in attachment) It's very strange because she is alone to have this issue. we have already re-installed QC unsucessfully.
Do someone have an idea or already have this issue ?
Thanks a lot by advance for your feedback.
best regards
beckie
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: QC10 doc generator error: 0,1 is not a valid floating point value

Hi Beckie,
I have this problem with ALM 11 and Excel Reports. What is the problem exactly, I do not know. But I have a workaround.

Before you generate a report, change the region and language settings from windows to english.

If this already is set then you go to advanced setting and then under tab numbers and change the decimal delimiter to a point.

Kind regards
Diemo
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello
Thanks a lot but could you be more precise :
For region and langguage i understood that it is in Mycomputer/control panel/Region and Language options (we have windows XP)
But for tab muber I didn't find it ?
Thanks a lot
Beckie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Beckie,

Try this..

For XP go to Control Panel->"Regional and Language Options"->click "Customize" next to your region->change the Decimal symbol to .

Thanks,
Sud

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,
Unfortunatly, the workaround don't work for us.
We are already in English United State.
We have changed decimal symbol in point.
We have deconnected/reconnected to QC and we have the same error.
Regards
beckie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks a lot to all of you .
Finally we have succeed by choosing French for regional settings and "," as separator.
Best regards
beckie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

I am having the same problem when attempting to generate an Excel report.  I have tried all the changes recommended, but none have fixed our issue in XP are there any recommendations?  Right now, this is an issue experienced by some of our users and other users do not experience it all.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello,

What i found out is that there is an add-in within Excel that you have to remove wich is PowerPivot in order to run report in Excel from ALM DAshboard in Windows 7 Office 2010.

Regards,

Cesar P. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.