Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
VincentGh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QC8 - deny delete of testset

Jump to solution

Hello all,

What would from your opinion be the best way to password protect the deletion of a testset in QC8?

It happened once the accidentally deletion of a testset with 1200tests and it wasn't funny in recreating the testset and rerun again.

Thanks!

Vincent

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: QC8 - deny delete of testset

Jump to solution
You are not able to customize the permissions of the builtin user groups directly. This is why you will generally want to create your own user groups and not use the built-in QATester, Project Manager or Developer.

An alternative option is to limit the deletion options using the workflow script.
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
Use the group permissions to prevent deletion of test sets and folders from other than TDAdmin users.

If you could even do that in QC 8.0... are you aware that QC 11.0 will soon be unsupported?
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
Highlighted
VincentGh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the answer!

Group permissions seems to be the thing I need, however when I go to Permission Settings all checkboxes are grayed out and I am unable to change the value inside.

Do I need some extra rights to modify these?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
You are not able to customize the permissions of the builtin user groups directly. This is why you will generally want to create your own user groups and not use the built-in QATester, Project Manager or Developer.

An alternative option is to limit the deletion options using the workflow script.
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
Established Member.. William Schmitt
Established Member..

Jump to solution

You cannot change the permissions on a system defined group, like TDAdmin.  You will have to create a new group based on one of the system groups, and then you can change permissions.

Jan, you beat me by 13 seconds.  🙂

0 Likes
VincentGh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

🙂

THANK YOU very much for both of you!

It worked!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.