Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
BalaHari Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Quality Center 10.00 : SplitterDistance must be between PanelMinSize and Width-Panel2MinSize

Hi All,

I have installed QC 10.00 on SQL Server and it is working fine as of now. Recently one of my user getting "SplitterDistance must be between PanelMinSize and Width-Panel2MinSize" error message, when he click on any
bar chart(Passed/Failed) in dashboard report.

Error Message:-

"SplitterDistance must be between PanelMinSize and Width-Panel2MinSize"

Please see the attached screenshot for more information.

Please advice.

0 Likes
20 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Quality Center 10.00 : SplitterDistance must be between PanelMinSize and Width-Panel2MinSize

Does the drill down appear? I mean when you click on the bar usually a window should appear with a list of the items that are visualized as a bar.

I really think it is a client side problem. If it still appears even after resizing the grid view splitter bars then try to re-run the QC client side setup on that PC.
0 Likes
BalaHari Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Quality Center 10.00 : SplitterDistance must be between PanelMinSize and Width-Panel2MinSize

Hi,
No drill down appeared.

I have installed QC 10.0 on separate server and why do I re-run QC client side setup on my PC.

Please advice.
0 Likes
Saky Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is this issue solved? I also have similar issue.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Jeff Comley Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Same issue here with just one user.

Using QCExplorer on an XP machine.

Have tried:
Clearing history via Tools > Clear History...(Didn't think this would work but figured it was worth a shot)

Repairing QCExplorer via the install program

Uninstalled and re-installed QCExplorer

No luck in resolving so far...any help / insight would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
Holger Rode Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

sorry no solution to this issue, but I'd like to warn you from trying what Jeff mentions he's done here.

The action Tools->Clear History does in fact not clear any client cache, but allows you to remove the history of all items stored in QC on the server side. Thus, it's a very dangerous action and should not be executed lightly to test something.

Regards,
Holger
0 Likes
Holger Rode Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The problem is caused by a user setting in the DB. It can be fixed by removing the setting through QC Site Administration:

DELETE FROM COMMON_SETTINGS
WHERE CSET_OWNER = ''
AND CSET_CATEGORY = 'EntitiesViewerForm'
AND CSET_NAME = 'Mercury.TD.Client.UI.Core.Services.EntitiesViewerForm_FormSettings'

This restores the system default.
jwmarti Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That worked for me Holger. Thank you very much!
0 Likes
Smriti Absent Member.
Absent Member.

1.Remove the user the project
2.Save it
3.Add the user to the project ones again
4.Save it
5.Log out and then log in

99% this issue will be fixed
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Michael Foy_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Holger,

Which SiteAdmin table or setting did you run from?

DELETE FROM COMMON_SETTINGS
WHERE CSET_OWNER = ''
AND CSET_CATEGORY = 'EntitiesViewerForm'
AND CSET_NAME = 'Mercury.TD.Client.UI.Core.Services.EntitiesViewerForm_FormSettings'
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Jeff Comley Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In SiteAdmin you run it against the COMMON_SETTINGS table under the specific project the user is having a problem with/in.

0 Likes
Neal Madlani Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the help, deleting from the Common_Settings table worked for me!
0 Likes
Prabhu Chandrah Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error Message:
SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize

I tried the suggestion given here, but it did not help me.

I then removed the users that had issues with PanelSize using System Admin console and recreated them. Wait for some time after the user is removed so that the information related to that user is flushed out from the cache. It worked for me all the times for all the users.
0 Likes
Rohit_Vatta Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ,

I am facing this issue " SplitterDistance must be between PanelMinSize and Width-Panel2MinSize"  is there any workaround ,so that existing user id should not be deleted  and error can be remove?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It seems to be fixed with Patch 15, see readme of the patch:

Quality Center 10.00 Patch 15

Fixed Defects

Analysis

Defect ID: QCCR1J12481

Problem:. When drilling down to graph data, if the dialog box is closed or minimized, the following error may occur: "SplitterDistance must be between PanelMinSize and Width-Panel2MinSize”.
Solution: The problem is fixed.
Limitation: None

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.