RLLINTON19
New Member.

Quality Center 11 - New Features / Functionality Heads Up

Does anyone have a list of new features / functionality that we can start thinikng about ?

for our clients.

Best regards,

Robert  

Robert Linton
VP ALM
Tags (2)
0 Likes
30 Replies
Tracy DeDore Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Quality Center 11 - New Features / Functionality Heads Up

We aren't allowed to publish any roadmap/statement of direction information.  We can arrange to deliver a roadmap presentation if you would like?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. mark_ford Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Yes, roadmap presentations are helpful.  I and others I'm sure would be happy to share information but can not until HP makes the information public knowledge.

0 Likes
RLLINTON19
New Member.

HI TD,

Sure, a Virtual - Webex like presentation would be good.

Let me know how and when ?

Best regards,

Robert  

Robert Linton
VP ALM
0 Likes
Becky E. Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As soon as I start working on QC10 and find out changes that I feel should have been in QC10, I'll let you know to add them to QC11.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

You have to schedule roadmap presentations through your sales rep - they can arrange for a virtual presentation. Unfortunately we are forbidden from publishing or distribution roadmaps.  The other alternative is to attend HPSU as we always host roadmap sessions in that venue.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Just this morning I saw an upcoming webinar through Vivit (Independent HP Software Users Community) on this topic.  If you aren't yet a member of Vivit you can register for a free Vivit membership and attend the webinar (you need to be a member of Vivit to attend).

http://www.vivit-worldwide.org/article.cfm?id=1199

New Features of HP Quality Center and Product Roadmap

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Brought to you by the worldwide TQA Special Interest Group of Vivit
Presented by Raziel Tabib

In this session, Raziel will go over latest trends and changes in the Quality Management and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) market, such as Agile Development, Composite Applications etc., and share the roadmap of HP offering in this respect. Raziel is a Sr. Product Manager in the HP ALM suite of products, looking after areas such as: ALM, Quality Management, Agile, Development Integrations etc. Raziel has 10 years experience in the software and quality business in various roles as an engineer, architect, researcher and marketing manager. Raziel joined HP\Mercury in 2003 working on various areas/products from Performance Center to QuickTest Professional and Quality Center.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks for posting Mark - I wasn't aware of that session but I would definitely encourage folks to attend.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Richard_Keith Absent Member..
Absent Member..

When you look at their site (Vivit's) there is a fee of $150 to join but there's also an option to join for free.

And there's a document that tells you what you get for one verses the other.
What I didn't see in that document was whether you could view webinars on the free membership.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Good question!

Vivit has two membership levels - Basic/Public Access and Supporting.  The Basic/Public Access membership is free and the Supporting membership is $150 a year.  The Supporting membership gives you access to several additional items but both memberships will give you access to Vivit webinars.

Here is a link to the information on the different Vivit memberships: http://www.vivit-worldwide.org/article.cfm?id=1103

The first item mentions "Access to product information, general reference material, activities, online webinars and services" and both Public Access and Supporting memberships have it.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

The webinar this morning gave a good overview of the new features.  Raziel said that QC 11.00 is available as of today.  I'll post a list of new key features when I get a chance.  There is some really good stuff in this version!!

0 Likes
kashifhusain Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there any documentation available on QC11 on the HP site as I  cannot seem to find any.

Qc 11 seems to have some killer features such as being able to use multiple clients and not requiring admin rights to install the client

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

I've only seen the ALM/QC 11.00 doc in the software install itself.  They did not have it out on the site separate as of yesterday.

The improvements to the client side setup and the file repository are certainly features that will make QC admins very excited.  I'll post a list of ALM 11.00 key features later today.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

The collateral has not been released yet as we haven't publicly announced the products yet.  A subset of datasheets will be posted on hp.com effective Sept. 17th for Functional Testing, HP Sprinter, LoadRunner and Unified Functional Testing.  The remainder of the collateral will not be available until the public launch.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. JoshSegar Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

I think the release hit almost 2 weeks ago. 

Last week I even had a QC 11 demo from my HP Reps regarding the highlights of the release, but I have yet to see a feature list or a user guide.

Looking forward to it !  I saw lots of _wow_ and can't wait to see more.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.