hunterb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Query to provide every step/design step from every test instance in a specific test set

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am looking for a query that provides every test script within a given test set, thus I am looking for a query that returns every design step for every test instance for a specific test set.

I can find my test set ID with CF_ITEM_ID from CYCL_FOLD.

Does anyone know the query that can provide this?

My coding skills are very very basic, so as much detail as you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much,

Hunt

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cmt8455 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Query to provide every step/design step from every test instance in a specific test set

Jump to solution

You can use this query. You'll just need to add your test set id.

SELECT CY_CYCLE_ID, CY_CYCLE, TC_TEST_ID, TS_NAME, DS_STEP_NAME, DS_DESCRIPTION, DS_EXPECTED
FROM TESTCYCL
INNER JOIN TEST ON TC_TEST_ID = TS_TEST_ID
INNER JOIN CYCLE ON CY_CYCLE_ID = TC_CYCLE_ID
LEFT JOIN DESSTEPS ON TS_TEST_ID = DS_TEST_ID
WHERE CY_CYCLE_ID =
ORDER BY CY_CYCLE, TS_NAME, DS_STEP_ORDER

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
cmt8455 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Query to provide every step/design step from every test instance in a specific test set

Jump to solution

Hi Hunt. Since you are pulling data from the Test Lab, do you want the Run Steps instead of Design Steps? They could be different if users are allowed to edit steps while executing test cases.

0 Likes
hunterb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The run steps just fine. Either way, if a tester needs to change the steps, we are ensuring that it gets transferred to the test plan as well.

0 Likes
cmt8455 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Now that I think about it for your purposes, it sounds like design steps would be best in case not all of the steps in a test case are executed.

0 Likes
hunterb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Okay that sounds good. Do you know of a query that can do that?

0 Likes
cmt8455 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

You can use this query. You'll just need to add your test set id.

SELECT CY_CYCLE_ID, CY_CYCLE, TC_TEST_ID, TS_NAME, DS_STEP_NAME, DS_DESCRIPTION, DS_EXPECTED
FROM TESTCYCL
INNER JOIN TEST ON TC_TEST_ID = TS_TEST_ID
INNER JOIN CYCLE ON CY_CYCLE_ID = TC_CYCLE_ID
LEFT JOIN DESSTEPS ON TS_TEST_ID = DS_TEST_ID
WHERE CY_CYCLE_ID =
ORDER BY CY_CYCLE, TS_NAME, DS_STEP_ORDER

0 Likes
hunterb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!!

0 Likes
hunterb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

For those of y'all wanting to find the CY_CYCLE_ID, enter the following query.

SELECT   *
FROM CYCLE
ORDER BY CY_CYCLE_ID

0 Likes
cmt8455 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.