Highlighted
Absent Member.. Wade Walden Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Rename user account

Hi,

Please let me know if there is a way within ALM of renaming a user account or if there is a plug in tool to help do the job.

I have a user that has a last name change and I'm hoping to make this update. One thing i wonder is, what will happen to history of defects assigned to this user after the name change.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
4 Replies
abriceno Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Rename user account

Hi Wade

No, there is no Rename User Tool, that requieres to create a tool using OTA to do this.

If a tool exists, when you rename the user, the entities assigned to the old user should be assigned to the new username, this is the complexity of creating a tool like this.

Regards,

Alvaro.

0 Likes
hristo_kacarov Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Wade,

Please take a look at the utility attached to below article. I think you may find it helpful:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00592500 - How to rename a user in ALM

Thanks,

Hristo

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks Alvaro for explaining.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks Histro. I will forward to my fellow ALM Admins to give it a try.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.