Absent Member.. dsoto Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Reporting Test Cases per userid (responsible tester) from a Group of Test Sets in Release Folder

Our manual testers would like to be able to generate such a report to read the information pertaining to the number, name and location (folder\test set\)of test cases they need to execute during a release.

It happens that QA creates a complex structure of test sets and folders trying to organize all tests in the release scope by area and not for tester resource.

It may be good for QA to report the overall progress of a particular area, however it complicates things for tester who sometimes missed a test or two due they could not found them.

Your input will be highly appreciated...

Thank you!

DS 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Alonso_S_QC Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Reporting Test Cases per userid (responsible tester) from a Group of Test Sets in Release Folder

Hello Dsoto,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Regarding the question, you can create an excel report, the excel report will let you create an query that gather all the information required, you can create this report in Analysis View under the Dashboard module:

Please let us know if this helps you.

Alonso Sequeira Morales
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation”
0 Likes
Absent Member.. dsoto Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Reporting Test Cases per userid (responsible tester) from a Group of Test Sets in Release Folder

Hi Alonso,

I was planning exactly to do that, but I wanted to check at first place with HP Community whether or not someone has written already the query (select clauses), so i wouldn't invest much time on this task.

Also, i would like to confirm with HP Community if it is possible to prompt for userid -to make the query more dynamic, everytime the report would be generated and to pass that information as a parameter. This way end user won't have to go into configuration and edit any line of code.

Regards

DS

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.