Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. GD Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Restrict exporting to Quality Center

Jump to solution

Is there a way to either restrict or disable exporting into Quality Center?  I would like to allow exporting requirements and tests into Quality Center, but would like to disable defects.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. Venkat457 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Restrict exporting to Quality Center

Jump to solution

I dont think so its possible to do such from excel add-in since its just an add-in which connects to the app and post data.If you disable access to defect module in QC project for users on a group level,i think thats when they wont be able to do an export to defects module as well.However if you do so they wont be able to access defects module in QC UI also,which makes it invalid scenario.

If not probably you may want to check in the macro code for excel and see you would be able to comment out defects section.I am not sure how this works or will it work,it was just a thought.In case required to edit excel add-in code,you will need to go to excel-->Tools -->Macro-->VB editor-->look for vbaproject(tdexceladdin.xla) and default password will be tdtdtd.

Venkat
0 Likes
3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Venkat457 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

I dont think so its possible to do such from excel add-in since its just an add-in which connects to the app and post data.If you disable access to defect module in QC project for users on a group level,i think thats when they wont be able to do an export to defects module as well.However if you do so they wont be able to access defects module in QC UI also,which makes it invalid scenario.

If not probably you may want to check in the macro code for excel and see you would be able to comment out defects section.I am not sure how this works or will it work,it was just a thought.In case required to edit excel add-in code,you will need to go to excel-->Tools -->Macro-->VB editor-->look for vbaproject(tdexceladdin.xla) and default password will be tdtdtd.

Venkat
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. GD Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution
Ok thanks. I appreciate the reply.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Erodabasi Ataca Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

when you are logged in QC you will be in a Module. When you are in Test Plan module then the ActiveModuleName will be set to "Test Plan". I don't know all the Module Names. You can get the module Names by adding a "MsgBox ActiveMosuleName" in EnterModule function in common scripting area. When you have all the module Names then write in Bug_New funtion the follwing code:

If ActiveModuleName <> "Test Plan" OR  ActiveModuleName <> "Defects" OR ....Then

Bug_New = False

End If

That means, when you export from excel to QC, you login to QC but you don't enter a module 😉 Therefore, the ActiveModuleName is not set. This code could ensure that only a defect can be created when creating it from TestPlan module, or Requirement module, or Defects module (inside of QC ;).

Try if this works. I didn't tested.

Kind regards,

A.E.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.