Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Deepika Reddy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Setting Requirements field order for all Requirement Types

Jump to solution
I got a requirement to reorder the fields for all the requirement types. But i see issue with "Direct Cover Status" and "Old Type Obsolete". These fields are not getting displayed.Even i checked the Customize->Requirement Type->In Type and System Type fields but not able to see these both. Even i cross verified in Requirements Data hidding filter->visible fields, checked all the fields......but still not able to see these two fields for some requirement types....Your inputs/suggestions are highly appriciated.

Thanks In Advance
Deepika
Add life to your days, not days to your life!!!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Setting Requirements field order for all Requirement Types

Jump to solution
To be able to see the Direct Cover Status you must specify in customize that the requirement has coverage.
1. Select menu Tools/Customize...
2. Select Requirement Types
3. Check checkbox "Test Coverage"
See attached screenshot.
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
To be able to see the Direct Cover Status you must specify in customize that the requirement has coverage.
1. Select menu Tools/Customize...
2. Select Requirement Types
3. Check checkbox "Test Coverage"
See attached screenshot.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

My QC version is 9.2. Please find the attached screenshot. I am not able to find Direct Cover Status field anywhere.......for obsolete i added a user defined field.

Thanks
Deepika
0 Likes
Rhonda Robinson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Notice in your screen shot that the Test Coverage value says None. This is what Thomas is talking about. If the Requirement is not a "Coverage Requirement" then the Direct Cover Status field is not displayed.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
How can we check whether a requirement is a coverage requirement or not?? Is it something like when it covered by a testcase?
0 Likes
Rhonda Robinson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Look at your own attachment. There is a field which indicates whether this is a Coverage Requirement or not.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Even, I am able to see this field for some requirements types in new requirement window and even in requirement Details screen....Please help me in finding the issue...as its an urgent requirement for me....
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.....Now iam able to see the "Direct Cover Status" field in all the requirement types.But not able to see the Old Type(Obsolete) field for all the requirement Types. When i try to move that field to In type in customization->requirement types, iam getting the attached error. But for few other requirement types iam able to see this field.why is it happening?
0 Likes
SanjeevR Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
Old Type(Obsolete) can be used only for requirements of Undefined type.In attachment I see that you are moving Old Type(Obsolete)for some other req types(other than Undefined req)

Let me know if i m wrong
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
But for some other requirement types it is getting displayed. I think those requirements are user defined and are selected as type Undefined while creating.....

Is this the reason??
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.