Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Ksan2010 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sprinter - promotion of Flow run conditions not working

Jump to solution

Hi I tried to  compare two manual runs of  test. Both included the same  test based on Flow with defined run conditions (e.g.. If flow  parameter = Yes then Skip next test component).

1. While running  Manual runner everything  was executed  according to  flow run conditions (and final  test result doesn't include steps  marked as 'Ignored"

2. While running Sprinter test seems not to see (execute) predefined flow run conditions and provides all steps and components to  set up run result.

My question is  - what is the reason of such situation that Sprinter doesn't  respect predefined  Flow run conditions?

Do you have any suggestions how to enable  promotion of flow run conditions to test executed by Sprinter?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Martin Sander Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Sprinter - promotion of Flow run conditions not working

Jump to solution

Hi

Sorry - I stand corrected. You can run Business Process Tests via Sprinter - so thats a result. My apologies

However as mentioned the Run Conditions are only valid for Automated BPT's. If you are running manually then I guess the assumption is that you would know when to end the process.

Its the same sort of situation as regards the Execution Flow tab of the Test Lab. This allows you to set a sequence for the tests and conditions and start times etc. But again these are only relevant in two situations - for automated of course and also for manual if you select Run TestSet

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi

I didn't think Sprinter support BPT's ? Not until the next release

Anyway the Run conditions are really only there for automated Components to provide some control over whether a test should continue or not.

Thanks

Martin

0 Likes
Ksan2010 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you Martin,

I was using the Run condition for manual  runs to add some flexibility to flows and teh same I wanted to add to Sprinter  runs.

I didn't know that  Sprinter is not supposed to work with BPT - as  for the simple manual component based tests its working ok.

In this case is there any way to execute  business proces tests / flows based on manual components with come conditionals?

Sec. when  is next release planned?

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi

Sorry - I stand corrected. You can run Business Process Tests via Sprinter - so thats a result. My apologies

However as mentioned the Run Conditions are only valid for Automated BPT's. If you are running manually then I guess the assumption is that you would know when to end the process.

Its the same sort of situation as regards the Execution Flow tab of the Test Lab. This allows you to set a sequence for the tests and conditions and start times etc. But again these are only relevant in two situations - for automated of course and also for manual if you select Run TestSet

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.