SelvaEquinix
Visitor.

Steps for cloning ALM 11.52 production instance to QA instance

Hi,

We have ALM 11.52 prod instance running on Windows 2008 server with Oracle 11.2.0.3 on Linux server.

I have to set up a ALM 11.52 QA environment. I have option to request for Virtual Machines.

Please suggest me how to go about it?

1. Is it possible to install ALM 11.52 and Oracle on a same Windows VM server? In this case, what are the components to be backed up from prod instace before installing ALM on new VM and steps to install with copy of Prod schema.

2. Should I request for 2 VMs and have similar in prod (ALM 11.52 to run on one VM with Windows 2008 server and Oracle 11.2.0.3 on Linux server on another VM)?

Thanks and Regards,

Selva

0 Likes
2 Replies
Damodar-Reddy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Steps for cloning ALM 11.52 production instance to QA instance

Nope,

Go for 2 servers independently.

You may have to take a lot if something went wrong.

there would be performance issue (I know it's only for QA Environment), still if you are setting up any new features or Integrations, would definitely irritate ou.

Suggest to have DB & App server independent

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Established Member.. Will Herrmann
Established Member..

Re: Steps for cloning ALM 11.52 production instance to QA instance

I would try to match your QA environment as closely to your prod as possible if you want valid test results.  Maybe not as much horsepower or storage, but try to keep the OS and patch versions like for like.  Especially with Oracle 😉

~Have you Read The Felicitous Manual?
~Please hit the KUDOS button if my reply helped resolve your issue.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.