Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
sksaraf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sync QualityCenter to ClearQuest

Hi,

I am trying to create a link between ClearQuest & QC. While setting up the link, after providing the Clear Quest Username/password/Database/Repository Schema, I get the below error message
ERROR #1- adapter.CONNECTION_FAILURE : Failed to connect to endpoint of type ClearQuest. Error: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.AdapterConnectionException: Failed to connect. Reason: AutomationException: Class not registered.
ERROR #2- Failed to connect. Reason: AutomationException: Class not registered
ERROR #3- AutomationException: Class not registered

Could you pls advise me on how to resolve it?

Thanks,
-Sanjay
0 Likes
23 Replies
Absent Member.. john scarpino Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Sync QualityCenter to ClearQuest

Sanjay:

Is this a new instance for a connection? Are you able to connect to the Rational ClearQuest server from where the sync tool is being installed from?
0 Likes
Henry Floyd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you install the clearquest client on QC?
0 Likes
sksaraf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have installed the sync Client & Server on my m/c and was trying to set up a link

Thanks,
-Sanjay
0 Likes
Absent Member.. john scarpino Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Add them on seperate boxes!
0 Likes
sksaraf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

John,

Now I have installed them on two separate boxes but still face the same issue. Do I need to have ADMIN previliges on ClearQuest by any chance?

Pls advise.

Thanks,
-Sanjay
0 Likes
sksaraf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

I have reinstalled the server & client on different m/c but still no luck. If anyone has set this up in past, pls advise or provide some tips to resolve the same.

Thanks,
-Sanjay
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Ok,

On your QC box can you connect to ClearQuest just using the installed ClearQuest client?

Can you create a ticket with that ClearQuest client?

Just to clarify you are on the QC box but you are not using any HP software to connect to ClearQuest, just the ClearQuest client that everyone else in your company uses on their workstations to enter tickets.
0 Likes
sksaraf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, from the Quality Center box, I am able to connect to ClearQuest and create tickets using the CQ client.

I am on my machine with the Synchronizer Server running and using another computer where Synchronizer client is installed to set up the link.

I have not installed Synchronizer Server or Client on the QualityCenter box.

Pls advise.

Thanks,
-Sanjay
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Ok just to clarify (sorry I'm just trying to understand curretnly where everything is installed)

EndPoint1(QualityCenter)
ClearQuest Client

Sync Server (your Computer)
ClearQuest Client?
HP Sync Server

HP Sync Client (Another Computer)
HP Client

Is this correct?

0 Likes
sksaraf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK here is the scenario...

Server 1 - EndPoint1 (QualityCenter Server)

My Computer - Sync Server, ClearQuest Client

Another Computer - Sync Client, HP Client

Server 2 - End Point2 (ClearQuest Server)

Pls advise.

Thanks,
-Sanjay
0 Likes
Rafer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am encountering a very similar error message, except I get it when trying to create a link in the Synchronizer from QC to RequisitePro.

Does the ReqPro user name and password need to be for an administrator level user?

Where do you begin troubleshooting this? I have installed the ReqPro client (ver 4.5) on the Synchronizer server and the ReqPro client can connect.

Error:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ERROR #1- adapter.CONNECTION_FAILURE : Failed to connect to endpoint of type RequisitePro. Error: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.AdapterConnectionException: Failed to connect. Reason: AutomationException: Class not registered.
ERROR #2- Failed to connect. Reason: AutomationException: Class not registered
ERROR #3- AutomationException: Class not registered
0 Likes
mattwilson247 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What is the syntax used for project names in the ReqPro connection portion of the wizard?

The parameter is Project but what form should I use for the Value? The network name such as \\server\Rational_Projects\ReqPro\ProjectA\ProjectA.rqs ? or just the project name "ProjectA" ?
0 Likes
deepa narayanan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is just the Project Name.
0 Likes
Rameshcts Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i'm also having the same issue.. please help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.