Suman Natarajan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sync QualityCenter to ClearQuest

Does any body have a solution to this problem. I face the same problem when i try to connect to CQ.
0 Likes
Rich Luxbacher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After much trial and error we found the answer to this problem.

If you did a normal installation.
1. QC on one server
2. CQ on a different server
3. Sync server on a third server.

Then this should be your answer.

1. When you installed the Synchronizer you set it to run as a service and provided credentials for it to run under.

2. You then installed the ClearQuest client and connected to the schema/database.

3. You then installed the QC client and connected to the database/project.

4. You then tried to create your link and it failed.

What happens is that when you as the user runs the CQ client and makes the connection to the schema/database, the connection information is stored under your (whoever is logged in) User profile not the profile that the Synchronizer is running under.

To fix this you have two choices, give the service account that the sync runs under logon privleges and logon as that account and then make you CQ connection or:

2. Use the "Run as" option and launch the CQ client using the sync service account, then connect to the CQ schema/database.

You have to do this to get the CQ connection information into the user account of whatever you are using to run the sync service.

This should solve your problem.

Rich
0 Likes
Ben-Luckman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, I am getting the same erros. I have tried everything I can think of on several machines. I've got the setup as mentioned above with 1 x CQ server, 1 x QC server and 1 x XP client with QCSyncServer + SyncClient + CQ Client + QC Explorer installed.

Everytime I try to setup the link it doesn't get passed the QC connectivty test.

Strangely I have managed to get it working on a VMware XP client, but I have no idea how, or why it works differently. Don't want to roll out VMware to the users (as this is a BIG workaround).

I managed to import (XML) the link from my working VM to my not-working desktop so I can see the link details, but on the connectivity tab they both fail with the following message.

ERROR #1- adapter.CONNECTION_FAILURE : Failed to connect to endpoint of type QualityCenter. Error: com.mercury.qc.gossip.exp.GossipServerException: adapter.CONNECTION_FAILURE : Failed to connect to endpoint of type QualityCenter. Error: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.AdapterConnectionException: Unhandled exception in Connect method during creation TDConnection object. It is possible that the Quality Center client is not installed on the Synchronizer server machine. Error message: Can not use native code: Initialisation failed..
ERROR #2- adapter.CONNECTION_FAILURE : Failed to connect to endpoint of type QualityCenter. Error: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.AdapterConnectionException: Unhandled exception in Connect method during creation TDConnection object. It is possible that the Quality Center client is not installed on the Synchronizer server machine. Error message: Can not use native code: Initialisation failed.
ERROR #3- Unhandled exception in Connect method during creation TDConnection object. It is possible that the Quality Center client is not installed on the Synchronizer server machine. Error message: Can not use native code: Initialisation failed
ERROR #4- Can not use native code: Initialisation failed

I've also run the vbs scripts that test connectivity to the CQ and QC server and these work fine!?!?!?

HELP! Please.
0 Likes
Rich Luxbacher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ben,

Reading over your post it appears that you problem could be trying to use the QC explorer add-in instead of making the connection via IE to your QC project.

From my experence you need to make a connection to your QC Project from the Sync server using the QC-SYNC user credentials before the link will work. When you make the connection via IE the active-X add-ins along with the API's are cached on the server.

We had done testing setting up links between 2 versions of QC while we were upgrading and to have it work properly we would need to reconnect to the production project so that the proper API interface was in place for the sync to work.

It's been a while since I have had to play with the sync to set up a new link but this could be your issue.

Rich
0 Likes
Pete Murray Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Fixed by adding :
C:\Program Files\HP\Quality Center Synchronizer\J-Integra\com\bin

To the path of the host to get the adaptor woriking.
0 Likes
Nitsan Daniel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you elaborate on the solution?
I can find this path in the synchronizer server files, not sure what should I do with them..
0 Likes
Sudhir_Den Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am getting the same error while I am trying to set up a connection between MQC and TFS 2010. Below is the error log:

ERROR #1- adapter.CONNECTION_FAILURE : Failed to connect to endpoint of type TFS. Error: com.mercury.qc.gossip.exp.GossipServerException: adapter.CONNECTION_FAILURE : Failed to connect to endpoint of type TFS. Error: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.AdapterConnectionException: Failed to connect. Reason: Unhandled exception in Connect method during creation TfsConnection object. It is possible that the TFS-Adapter.dll is not registered on the Synchronizer server machine. Error message: AutomationException: Class not registered..
ERROR #2- adapter.CONNECTION_FAILURE : Failed to connect to endpoint of type TFS. Error: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.AdapterConnectionException: Failed to connect. Reason: Unhandled exception in Connect method during creation TfsConnection object. It is possible that the TFS-Adapter.dll is not registered on the Synchronizer server machine. Error message: AutomationException: Class not registered.
ERROR #3- Failed to connect. Reason: Unhandled exception in Connect method during creation TfsConnection object. It is possible that the TFS-Adapter.dll is not registered on the Synchronizer server machine. Error message: AutomationException: Class not registered
ERROR #4- Unhandled exception in Connect method during creation TfsConnection object. It is possible that the TFS-Adapter.dll is not registered on the Synchronizer server machine. Error message: AutomationException: Class not registered
ERROR #5- AutomationException: Class not registered

I have added the path in Environment variable but that did not help as well. Please help if anyone has some suggestions
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sud_3 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

access or install TFS Client on sync server And also make sure that Sync server services run on your Network account not with the local system account.

Thanks,
Sud
0 Likes
ALMINFO Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi ,

But we have installed ALM Synchronizer server,ALM Synchronizer Client and CQ Client on single server only.

But still we are unable to create a link between HP ALM 12.50 and CQ 7.1 .

Please let us know the solution in this scenario

Thanks ,

ALMINFO

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.