Highlighted
Nick5
Visitor.

TDConnection.IgnoreHTMLFormat = TRUE is adding blank rows in Description field

after adding the TDConnection.IgnoreHTMLFormat = TRUE  to remove the html tags this is adding blank rows in Description field each time the user clikcs somewhere else and gose back in theat field ? and after each sync with tfs.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Damodar-Reddy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TDConnection.IgnoreHTMLFormat = TRUE is adding blank rows in Description field

Nick, 

As I mentioned in my earlier post, this actually Ignoring the Tags, not removing.

So when some user changes something or about to modify the Description field, this is happening & did you check with the Analysis Module options?

May be you might be blocked there also in creating any of the reports. or existing reports will be no longer working and throws some random errors.

I have reported this to HP & they are asking me to simple remove the peice of code an start using, as the damage that it gives with this code is worse than the earlier one, so I had to revoke my changes and start using it with unexpected issues sometimes.

are you using which edition of QC?

Starter/Quality Center Edition?

Enterprise Edition

Performance center Edition?

Submit a request with HP, if simillar response, may we need to raise an #Enhancement Request for this issue, keep posted and I will add you also for that request.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Nick5
Visitor.

Re: TDConnection.IgnoreHTMLFormat = TRUE is adding blank rows in Description field

i need somthing that will remove the html ... this is cousing more problem .. i have diffrent 3 HP QC enviremts all have same issue...

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Nick,

Refer the below: HTML tags display  after Synch #CR is already submitted.

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02326757 

No clue, when this will be Fixed.

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can do one thing as a work around, Take the back up of the project & Verify & Repair the same and see if this solves.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.