Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Steven Hulse Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TableSpace hp_qc_data - Not sure I'm understanding exactly what it's telling me

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Have a basic question today. When you create a new project in an existing domain for example you get to the screen where is summarizes what is about to be done and there is a line that tells you TableSpace HP_QC_DATA (x Mb free).

I'm getting confused on the amount free it's showing. For example, I created two new projects today in different domains, the first one said there was 6.0 Mb free and on the other project (in a different domain) it told me there was 8.3 Mb free.

My questions are...

1. This is the amount of space left in our entire database is it? If so then why the different numbers?

OR

2. Is this the amount left free in that particular domain? If so then how do we adjust the amount of space available to us or is that done automatically?

I'm just trying to understand this before I go into a panic mode and beg the DBAs for more space.

Thanks in Advance!

Steve

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Re: TableSpace hp_qc_data - Not sure I'm understanding exactly what it's telling me

Jump to solution

Thanks CSO,

It does answer my question. I also got a reply back from our DBAs and they pretty much said the same thing.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. MSami Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: TableSpace hp_qc_data - Not sure I'm understanding exactly what it's telling me

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

Most of the time Tablespaces are set to autoextend mode by X No of MB as soon as it requires more space.

And the DBA's usually set this up for highly used tablespace. Otherwise you will see some error regarding table space in the SA logs while creating new projects.

Hope that answers your question, let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

CSO

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks CSO,

It does answer my question. I also got a reply back from our DBAs and they pretty much said the same thing.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.