Respected Contributor.. manfred Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

TestSet: Why doesn’t ALM follow its own conventions with the sequences table?

TestSet have its own conventions?

BR

Manfred

sm
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: TestSet: Why doesn’t ALM follow its own conventions with the sequences table?

Not really sure I understand your question, but if you are looking for the name of the sequence keeping count of test sets, the name is CYCLE - the same as the table name for test sets. I can't see anything deviating from standard here.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Re: TestSet: Why doesn’t ALM follow its own conventions with the sequences table?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

So it is your own application that is not working? It doesn't seem to me that this means ALM is to blame. Adding a test set using SQL is not supported as far as I know, and there may be a lot of things happening behind the curtains when using the official APIs or the GUI.
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

No SQL insert ...

Am I the only one?

BR

sm
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Jan is 100% right: Directly accessing the ALM database via SQL is not at all supported - please don't do it... The ALM data model is not trivial; we all know some parts are from the old Test Director days and evolved over many many years. I'd say reading directly from the database is ok - but inserting into the database might break your whole project.

For example you seem to insert into VC_* tables which are only relevant for projects with version control enabled - and as far as I know the values are only inserted if an item is checked-out and removed after checkin.

That's why we have the OTA and the REST APIs. What exactly do you want to do with your own bespoke REST API? Perhaps we'll find a way to help you using the ALM APIs?

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.