Absent Member.. SFTK2015 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Traceability and Test Covarage functionality.

Hello,

We are using the Quality Center as a repository for all our Software testing which is done manually.

I have some doudts regardless the trace of the Steps of the Test Plan with the Requierements.  In order to the requirements to be covered,  is there a way that the Requirements can be trace with the Testt Plan Steps? Since the only option that gave me is by selecting all the Test Plan and not steps.

Best regards,

Softek

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Alonso_S_QC Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Traceability and Test Covarage functionality.

Hello Softtek,

Thank you for using HPE Forums.

about the question, indeed the steps can be traced from the Test Sets, that the reason that cannot be traced from requirements, I can think two solutions that might work for this:

• Use Excel Reports in order to retrieved the information: Excel Reports will allow you to use SQL queries in order to retrieved information from the projects. Your DBA can create a query that helps you get this information.

• Create a UDF and link a list: you can create a UDF (User Defined Field), after this you can create a list and assigned the information of the steps to that list with workflow.

Please take in consideration that this are only suggestions that might work, and both of then require coding, if you need any help creating the code you can contact PSO services and they can help you for an additional fee.

This is the PSO information:

HP have a team dedicated to this kind of cases, very experienced engineers that can provide you the solution that you are looking for.

This team is HP PSO, they are in charge of some activities that are beyond the standard Support contract which causes over-delivery:

1- Step-by-step installation (hand holding).

2- Deployment services.

3- Custom code creation.

4- Training or Educational Services.

You can contact them through your sales representative.

If you have any question please let us know.

Alonso Sequeira Morales
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation”
Absent Member..

Thank you for the repond. I have another question regardless the Baseline functionality. The Baseline will document the manual run? Is this like a recorded of the run?

How can I implemente the baseline to the Test Instance? Do the Baseline need to be created before the Test Case and Test Plan?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

In addition, can you explain me more about the Use Excel Report? How this will be able to manage the trace of the Rrequirement with the Test Set steps?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.