Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
LS Contributor.
Contributor.

Unable to connect UFT 14.03 Trial to ALM 12.50.32 Trial

Unable to connect UFT 14.03 Trial to ALM 12.50.32 Trial.
Unable to open and run Test Script with UFT from ALM Client.
Error message is "The connection to the specified ALM server failed. Make sure that the server machine is available".(attachment 1_Error, 2_Error, 3_Error)

I use the same credentials that I use to access ALM Client in IE11 browser.
ALM Server url: https://almalm1250saastrial.saas.hpe.com/qcbin

Environment configuration:
VM VirtualBox: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, IE11,
.Net 4.5.1, MS Visual C++ 2013 Redistr., MS Visual C++ 2015 Redistr., ALM Lab Service (see attachment ContralPanel.jpg),
UFT 14.03 Trial ,
UFT settings: Allow other HPE products to run tests and components - Enabled,
ALM Client 15.50.32 Trial, ALM_Connectivity_Tool, ALM_Client_Registration,
Firewall settings: UFT and Remote Agent are allowed to communicate through Firewall,
Run UFT, IE1, installation files as Administrator,
Read-write access to Registry,
Did not use RDP
Please advise, what is missing?
Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to connect UFT 14.03 Trial to ALM 12.50.32 Trial

As far as I know, ALM on SaaS trial tenants are locked down and cannot be connected via UFT or any other tools. Could you please try and open up a ticket with the ALM on SaaS team? (go to https://software.microfocus.com, click "log in" on top right, there you should get to "My Account" and you will find a tab "Support"). 

0 Likes
Highlighted
LS Contributor.
Contributor.

I opened a ticket but were referred to this community forum.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Oh, so sorry for you beeing directed back and forth. All I know is that the standard trial instance of ALM/QC that you can provision yourself via microfocus.com webseite is rather restricted. So no tools, interfaces and even not UFT can be connected to it. Do you have a local Micro Focus contact person? Maybe they can provide you a more production like ALM/QC SaaS demo/trial instance. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.