Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Kand Contributor.
Contributor.

Unable to create a release based on a template

Hi,

I created project using existing template and logged in to project as admin. I did the below things:

1, under release module , I added new release from template

2, I deleted the populated release and cycle ( Got a msg it will deleted the associated entiry data)

3, Confirmed the deletion

Now, when I try to add new release from template, I get the below error message:

"Unable to create a release based on a template.  Project customization must be synchronized with its template".

I have queries:

1, Will my deletion has impact to the linked template and its projects?

2, How to come out of this error?

Can anyone please help on this

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Satya_cat Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Unable to create a release based on a template

Please try the below things.

Login to the project template and goto the customization-->Cross project customization. Now select the project which has issues. After selecting project, click on verify, later click on apply customization.

By this way you can apply template customization to the linked project. Once it is done, now try creating release.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Established Member.. Thomas-cma
Established Member..

Re: Unable to create a release based on a template

Hello,

I have exactly the same error and i have the same configuration ( sql 2012, windows server 2012) :

I cannot even create a project, it raise the error :

"Failed to create project.. Setting parameter for field PR_IS_QPM_CALC_ENABLED failed because field value "Y" is of unsupported field type '-1000'

I cannot go to customization because i cannot even create project ( the repository stays empty).

If we find a solution i'll tell you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.