Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. beckie Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Unable to import a project. Unexpected en of ZLIB input stream.

Hello,

We have QC enterprise 12.2 installed on both servers

And we are importing project from a server to another using the export/import features of QC Enterprise.

We have faced an issue during import process. It's ending with Unexpected en of ZLIB input stream..

Maybe one of you already experienced that ?

Beckie

0 Likes
4 Replies
Roy_C_QC Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Unable to import a project. Unexpected en of ZLIB input stream.

Hello Beckie,

Thanks for submitting this request,

After completing an analysis on the described issue, I would like to comment that it has been previosly reported. However, I would like to double check some information with you. As well, I want to provide you a suggestion. Please check the information below:

1) What is the full error message that you are receiving?

Please let me know if the full error received is similar to this one:

Error on copy from input stream to output stream; Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream;

Stack Trace:
java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

2) Which is the size of the project?

Based on my researches, the Unexpected en of ZLIB input stream error, might occurr while trying to import a large project into ALM.

The QCP project mechanism was designed for small projects. There is a technical limitations in place caused by the dependency of the process on zlib and jzlib technologies. These technologies are used by QC but are not part of the source code and cannot be changed:

1) The project including repository and database should not exceed 4 GB

2) The QCP file should not exceed 2 GB.

3) What happens if you try to import a different project (new project/lower size) from one server to other?

This is to isolate the issue to the project's size. 

Suggestion:

1) Please try to export the project again in a new qcp, if it does not solve the issue you can  use Project schema and repository in order to move a largest project.

I will be glad to receive your comments, 

Thank you,

Best regards

Roy Chinchilla Ramírez
Software Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the option at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. beckie Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hello, The exact error is : Failed to create new project 'XXXXX'. Decription : Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream.

If it's an issue releated to size, HOw can I get size of project ? . Do you have a select query to execute ?

Do we need then after having size of DB, get size of FS as now it's optimized ?

Rgds

Rebecca

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. Ramesh35 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi Rebecca,

The qcp file you downloaded from qc to your local machine. check the file size of that qcp file. In that way you will get to know the qcp file size.

To get actual Project size(Repository size + DB size) -

Repository size - Go to repository -> right click to project repository folder -> Properties-> see the size

Db Size -> for SQL server, select the db name of the project and execute the below query  -

SELECT 
      database_name = DB_NAME(database_id)
    , log_size_mb = CAST(SUM(CASE WHEN type_desc = 'LOG' THEN size END) * 8. / 1024 AS DECIMAL(8,2))
    , row_size_mb = CAST(SUM(CASE WHEN type_desc = 'ROWS' THEN size END) * 8. / 1024 AS DECIMAL(8,2))
    , total_size_mb = CAST(SUM(size) * 8. / 1024 AS DECIMAL(8,2))
FROM sys.master_files WITH(NOWAIT)
WHERE database_id = DB_ID() -- for current db 
GROUP BY database_id

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Ramesh M

0 Likes
Roy_C_QC Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi again Rebecca,

Thanks for your reply,

Please let us know if you could check the size of your project, as well if you followed the steps suggested by my colleague Ramesh in order to get the actual Project size.

In addition, feel free to indicate us what happens if you try to import a different project (new project/lower size) from one server to other?

Note: You can also try to export the project again in a new qcp, if it does not solve the issue you can  use Project schema and repository in order to move a largest project.

We will be glad to receive your comments on this in order to continue assisting you,

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Roy Chinchilla Ramírez
Software Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the option at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.