Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
vibhas kashyap Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to install HP QC 10.0 on Windows 7 64 bit lenovo laptop

Hi I am having Windows 7 64 bit lenovo laptop and while connected to Cisco VPN i am trying to download HP QC 10.0 getting below error

1 . ExtensibilityAPI.dll :
(Error 3) The system cannot find the path specified.
Failed to open file for writing

2 . OTAClient.dll :

3 . WebClient.dll :

and lots of other error message as well. please respond asap. Thanks
Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Unable to install HP QC 10.0 on Windows 7 64 bit lenovo laptop

With a Windows 7 computer you must be logged in as a user with administrative privileges to install software. In addition, when installing controls through IE you must first launch IE by selecting the Run As Admin option. It is not enough to just be logged in as an admin user.

Right click on your link to the IE program and you should get a pop-up list with the Run As Administrator option. Select that. Then within that same IE window go to your QC logon page.

However, Quality Center v10 requires patch 19 to support 64-bit Windows 7. If your QC application is not up to patch 19 at least, then your 64 bit workstation is not supported.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
dineshsethiya Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Trudy a lot and your answer helped me to install QC10....ran IE as admin....and problem resolved....:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
click2learn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Trudy,

I also have the same problem, can you please provide link to download patch18 for WIn 7 Bit OS?.

Thanks

Sree

0 Likes
saurabh0310 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi I am having Windows vista 32 bit lenovo laptop and while connected to Cisco VPN i am trying to download HP QC 10.0 getting below error

1 . ExtensibilityAPI.dll :

2 . OTAClient.dll :

3 . WebClient.dll :

and lots of other error message as well. please respond asap. Thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

click2learn,

Sorry, I can't provide a link to the patch.  You have to download it from HP support website.

saurabh0310,

What patch level are you at for QC?  Besides making sure that your patch level supports Vista, Vista has the same issues as Windows 7 for installing ActiveX controls.  You must be logged onto the workstation as a user with admin rights, and you must launch the brownser using the Run As Admin option.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
londondaddy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On your Windows 7 machine, you will need to go to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files and delete the following files:

capicom.dll

spider10.ocx

Make sure your Internet browser is closed, or you will not be able to delete these files.

Once you have done this, try turning off UAC (User Access Control) settings.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/

Restart your computer.

Then, re-run the installation and it should then go through successfully.

You can then set your UAC settings back to how they were and will still be able to see the Quality Center login screen.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. srekkk Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks nice info. helped me alot.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.