Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Venderwel
New Member.

Upgrade ALM 12.01 (Patch 5) to 12.6

Hi there,

Currently we are running ALM 12.01 (patch 5) and because we need to upgrade the database (currently sql server 2012 server we alst need to upgrade to a higher ALM version.

Is it possible to directly migrate from  12.01 to 12.6? 

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/alm/specs/alm-qc-system-requirements.htm  Doesn't mention a minimal patch for 12.6, so I think it should be possible, but I'd like it confirmed. 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Upgrade ALM 12.01 (Patch 5) to 12.6

Hi,

For an official confirmation please open a Micro Focus support case.

My personal recommendation is to install the latest patches on 12.01 and then migrate to 12.60.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
MikeZhang Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

It should be supported, normally for this kind of upgrade, it's better to setup a staging server (for testing purpose) and try the upgrade process. In addition, 12.01 and 12.60 recommanded and supported environment is changed, please refer to 12.60 system requirement for the supported environment firstly. 

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. arichtman Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Confirming we made it from 12.01.2 to 12.55.2 OK.

One of the more recent patches to 12.55 fixed the project upgrade process so you should be fine on 12.60

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.