Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Warren_Meinking Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrading ALM and Schemas

Jump to solution

Hi there

I need some help/advice regarding the Upgrade of ALM 11 to 11.52 or 12 with regards to the copying of the DB Schemas and also making the repository path a network path. I have read the manual and not too much info is given regarding this.

We want to upgrade on the same box as well, so we are not moving to a new box/hardware. What would be best practice in this case and how would i make the repository path a network path? Would I simply share it using the windows function?

Many thanks

Kind Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Upgrading ALM and Schemas

Jump to solution

It is recommended to do an upgrade on a different box as you have an ALM 11 which is a working backup during the entire upgrade.

While upgrading, its recommended to use "Upgrade a copy of existing schema". And with respect to repository path, map a network drive on the application server machine and use that as repository path.

Make sure the user with which you are installing ALM does have full control (read/write) on the network drive

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

It is recommended to do an upgrade on a different box as you have an ALM 11 which is a working backup during the entire upgrade.

While upgrading, its recommended to use "Upgrade a copy of existing schema". And with respect to repository path, map a network drive on the application server machine and use that as repository path.

Make sure the user with which you are installing ALM does have full control (read/write) on the network drive

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
Warren_Meinking Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Many thanks for your reply. It was of much help!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.