Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Pauld Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

User Authentication Seetings

Jump to solution

Hi,

Ive installed ALM 12.60 on a new server. Ive created the default site admin user and password.

What I now want to do is configure the LDAP settings so that I can use my network logon to logon into Site Adminstration.

To do this for user 1 I have....opened up site users, configured multi LDAP settings, tested the connection as successful.I then open Authentication Settings and select LDAP.

When I do the same for user 2 and then check the settings again on user 1 the settings on user1 have reverted  back (in Authentication Settings) to Authentication type Application Lifecycle Management). I need them to stay as LDAP.

Has anyone got an ideas how to make the LDAP settings stick?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jesus Martinez Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: User Authentication Seetings

Jump to solution

Hi Pauld, 

The official documentation about how to configure LDAP for ALM is in the admin guide. Also you can see the configuration in the link below: 

- https://admhelp.microfocus.com/alm/en/12.55/online_help/Content/Admin/sa_users_import_LDAP_settings.htm

I would like to emphasize the LDAP authentication once is configured is set for all users. So how are you configuring LDAP per each individual user? This is automatically for all of them due this is a kind of authentication. 

1 Reply
Jesus Martinez Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: User Authentication Seetings

Jump to solution

Hi Pauld, 

The official documentation about how to configure LDAP for ALM is in the admin guide. Also you can see the configuration in the link below: 

- https://admhelp.microfocus.com/alm/en/12.55/online_help/Content/Admin/sa_users_import_LDAP_settings.htm

I would like to emphasize the LDAP authentication once is configured is set for all users. So how are you configuring LDAP per each individual user? This is automatically for all of them due this is a kind of authentication. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.