Morris_Li Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What is the difference between TDAPIOLE80 and TDAPIOLELib?

Hi all,

I'm trying to establish connection to QC via Excel VBA

Set com = CreateObject("TDapioleLib.TDConnection")

will report an error message "Run-time error '429' : ActiveX component can't create object"

Set com = CreateObject("TDapiole80.TDConnection")

will not report any errors

I have googled a lot, but I still cannot find any useful and clearly message about the differences.

So I need to clarify, what are the differences?

* Updates: 

I might have posted on the wrong topic, but the QC / ALM Practition Center prompted me I do not have the sufficient privileges, and I don't know how and why. Would someone please to help me move this topic to the correct board? Thanks a lot in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
MargaretN Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: What is the difference between TDAPIOLE80 and TDAPIOLELib?

Hi,

The Software Category went into read-only mode last night to enable the work to get done on the migration - see Announcements board for the floated topics.

Your topic is now in the requested forum and the Software moderators will be able to respond to your query.

HPE Community Manager
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If I remember correctly, "TDapioleLib" was used for old TestDirector versions. So it is no longer valid.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Damodar-Reddy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Indeed Jan,

Those API Library were of the Test Director &  were no longer  available in the later versions.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.