Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
AKR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Which Table can I Find the Project Users List with User ID and Full Name unde QC.

Jump to solution
Thanks Sree,
I will try them out and let you know if it worked. I should essentially try both the codes that you sent right?, the last one and the one before last in order for it to fully function well.
0 Likes
SreeKrishnan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Which Table can I Find the Project Users List with User ID and Full Name unde QC.

Jump to solution
The last one is for having the user fullname on the existing defects thru user defined fields.

The script to populate the user full name on the users table for your reporting purpose (or that is what I understood).

Note: Once you have the user defined fields for Assign To and Detected_By with user full name, you can hide the system fields BG_RESPONSIBLE and BG_DETECTED_BY from the defect screen.

Also you should be able to attach a custom list(drop down lists) that has user full names to the user defined fields. The posting initiated by Rajesh Halader has the info
0 Likes
AKR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks Sree, I will check it out and let you know.
0 Likes
AKR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thank you Sree and everyone. That worked for me. Hopefully my issue is resolved for now.
0 Likes
Logen Watkins Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
My problem seems very related to this one...I want to be given a list of the email addresses of every user in my project -- whether it be in the form of a word file, spreadsheet, or even maybe in the comments field of a particular defect.
Normally to get information about a user I do something along the lines of

Set c_user = cust_users.User(UserID)
UserFullName = c_user.FullName

Which I was shown earlier. So in this case I'd be grabbing .Email instead of .FullName.

Is there any way to cycle through the entire list of users? I see that there is a .Users member which is supposed to give a list, but it is either not returning what I thought it would, or I am accessing it incorrectly because I cannot get user objects out of it.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Logen,

Script that can give you the user properties, full name, email, phone ...

Dim custUsers
Dim custUser
Set Td = TDConnection
set cust = td.Customization
cust.Load

set custUsers = cust.Users
set custUser = custUsers.User(TD.UserName)

MsgBox (custUser.Phone)

MsgBox (custUser.Email)
MsgBox (custUser.FullName)

Set TD = Nothing
0 Likes
AKR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Sree,
Is there a way you can explain it for existing users to be updated with email address just like the full name above. thanks.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Are you talking about the Users Table,US_EMAIL_ADDRESS ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
AKR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes Sri,
Just similar to how you had given a script earlier to add Full Name to the USers Table, I would require some code to add the email address, phone number etc., under the users table. I can run the code for both existing users and new users to ensure all email IDs show up under the Users table for me to report from.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Ok, I did modify the above script to do one for the email. Hope it helps

Enter the following script on the Workflow

1. Enter this one under Function CanLogin(DomainName, ProjectName, UserName)

If User.IsInGroup("TdAdmin")Then
Set tdc = TDConnection
Set com = tdc.command
Set com1 = tdc.command
com.CommandText = "Select * from Users"
Set recset = com.Execute

while recset.EOR = 0
com1.CommandText = "Update Users set US_MAIL_ADDRESS = '" & UserEmailAdd(recset("US_USERNAME")) & "' where US_USERNAME = '" & recset("US_USERNAME") & "' "

Set recset1 = com1.Execute
recset.next
wend
Set recset = nothing
Set recset1 = nothing
Set tdc = nothing

End If

2. Enter the following outside of any Sub or Function as this is a standalone script or new function

Function UserEmailAdd(UserID)

Dim td
Dim cust
Dim cust_users
Dim c_user
set td=TDConnection

Set cust = td.Customization
Set cust_users = cust.Users

Set c_user = cust_users.User(UserID)

UserEmailAdd = c_user.Email

End Function
0 Likes
Absent Member.. sreeramulum Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Sree,

I am new to HPQC and i am using HP ALM Version. My requirement is simillar to this post, i am trying to extract User Name, UserID, emailAddress and PhoneNum from HP QC. 

My question is how and where should i use the code below? please advice.

Logen,

Script that can give you the user properties, full name, email, phone ...

Dim custUsers
Dim custUser
Set Td = TDConnection
set cust = td.Customization
cust.Load

set custUsers = cust.Users
set custUser = custUsers.User(TD.UserName)

MsgBox (custUser.Phone)

MsgBox (custUser.Email)
MsgBox (custUser.FullName)

Set TD = Nothing

Thanks in advance

Mohan

0 Likes
Vladimir Skrbek Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

You have to put it to the workflow code either by allown or by assigning it to a button.

I recommend to read the QC Administrator guide where are also a lot of examples.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.